Thursday, August 13, 2009

PREPARDNESS; REVISITED

Proverbs 24 3Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established: 4And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches Ezekiel 38:6-8 7Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them Back in April I started the 72 hr Rule to document my start and progress concerning "Preparedness". There were some seminars I attended and I made the decision to try to "prepare"(for what I didn't know). I didn't really start in earnest until my husband found himself stranded for a short time at work because his truck would not start. He works night and I am sure he could have used a snack or a change of clothing, maybe a tooth brush. When I told him of my plans, he reacted like all husbands, "Sure honey, that's great". and the now infamous, "We don't need to prepare right now, we've got the rest of our lives to do this". To which I replied" Today is first day of the rest of your life". Well its been downhill ever since. I have managed to "prepare" 3 plastic bins of "overflow" food to comprise the beginning of a 72 hour kit, and the other bin has "overflow "of commonly used items. My husband still thinks its a waste of time and money has begun to drink the water(storage) and eat select morsels out of the 72 hour bin. Granted I have stocked the common pantry with enough food items to satisfy any craving, my husband has a twisted sense of logic, if its a white T-shirt, he will wear it to a a food fight. You get the picture. If its there, it must be available for him to eat, or use up.And not replace. Its pure selfishness. Stuff happens in our life, most of it is driven by our own selfish desires and stupidity. I am committed to building up our home, physically and spiritually. I did a word study of the word prepare in the scriptures and I found that the majority of the time the word prepare is present in a scripture it is describing the set up for either food (table), a home ,etc. To prepare is to be obedient and to be a servant in the purest sense of the word. ABRAHAM 3:24-25 PEARL OF GREAT PRICE 24 And there stood one among them that was like unto God, and he said unto those who were with him: We will go down, for there is space there, and we will take of these materials, and we will make an earth whereon these may dwell; 25 And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them;

No comments: