Friday, April 23, 2010

HAPPY FRIDAY

JUST PUSH..............

"One of my favorite resolutions – but also kept with great difficulty – is to schedule time for play. I often get teased about this resolution, because people think it sounds incongruous, and even silly, to schedule time for play. Play should be spontaneous, right? Aren’t we naturally alert for opportunities to have fun? Why put it on the schedule?"
"Well, that’s not how it works for me. Maybe it sounds odd to pencil “play” into my calendar like a dentist’s appointment, but what I’ve learned, from long experience, is that if I don’t schedule time for play, I don’t do it. Instead, I focus on working or crossing tasks off my to-do list, or I do the activity that’s most convenient, instead of what would be the most fun thing to do. "
gretchen rubin: The Happiness Project
I recently started reading yet another really interesting book. Its called the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. It is an account of the year she spent test-driving studies and theories about how to be happier. She has a blog and website designed to help people just like me find their happiness mojo. Not that I am unhappy, but happy is like candy, who can resist just one more piece?

Proverbs 15:13
13 A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken
Ecclesiastes 2
1 I said in mine heart, Go to now, I will prove thee with mirth, therefore enjoy pleasure: and, behold, this also is vanity.

No comments: