Thursday, May 6, 2010

72 HOUR RULE: REDEEMING TIME

kelly rae roberts
TICK TOCK
The saying goes that time waits for no man. I believe it. I also believe in the importance of lists. I recently started reading a book called "The Happiness Project "by gretchen rubin. I  often visit the website. The author believes in part that happiness can be achieved by keeping detailed lists concerning almost every area of your life, and also by following the lists. I like lists and occasionally I remember that I wrote them and I try to follow them. I usually make the list before I need it and when I do, I lose it or forget it. I had an idea to write the list after I have done said tasks. Brilliant.
So, for the past 2 days, I actually woke up and got out of my bed when the alarm clock chimed at 04:30 am. Actually this morning it went off at 0400 am and me and the voice in my head debated over the pros's and con's of calling in sick. Especially since I have Friday off. One debate stood out over the others was that of the scorn of my supervisor. Enuf said. I am glad that  I chose to get up on time this morning because in doing so, it set off a positive chain of events.Blessings:

HERE'S MY LIST:
  1. WOKE UP AND GOT OUT OF BED AT 4:30am
  2. WORE THE SAME JEANS AS YESTERDAY, BUT HAD TIME TO IRON A CLEAN TOP
  3. FOUND OVER DUE PAPER WORK TO FAX
  4. HAD BREAKFAST WITH SLEEPY HUBBY
  5. PACKED A VERY GOOD LUNCH AND STOCKED MY WORK FRIDGE
  6. SAVED MONEY BY BRINGING LUNCH
  7. ARRIVED AT WORK 1 HOUR EARLY AND FOUND A GREAT PARKING SPACE
  8. STARTED MY REPORT AND FINISHED EARLY;BEFORE LUNCH
  9. HAD BREAKFAST,LEFT OFF MUFFIN
  10. TOOK MY HBM BEFORE NOON
I redeemed at least 4 hrs of my 10 hr work day, I redeemed  at least $10.00 by bringing my lunch.I did impress my boss with my efficiency and I get to leave on time to spend more time with hubby, priceless.
Ephesians 5:13-16 (Amplified Bible)
13But when anything is exposed and reproved by the light, it is made visible and clear; and where everything is visible and clear there is light.
14Therefore He says, Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall shine (make day dawn) upon you and give you light.
15Look carefully then how you walk! Live purposefully and worthily and accurately, not as the unwise and witless, but as wise (sensible, intelligent people),
16Making the very most of the time [buying up each opportunity], because the days are evil
I love this scripture, we are admonished to "Live like you Mean It". Each day should be an opportunity to serve God, to endeavor to draw closer to Him. The word walk denotes "walking in a path that is straight, like walking in formation, in order.. In verse 14 we are commanded to "Awake O sleeper". How fitting this scripture is. I am blessed and informed. I will endeavor every day to "awake" at the appointed time. I was truly blessed and amazed today at how just changing one bad habit and then reaping the amazing blessings of that. Think what would happen if we could have a "Spiritual To Do List". There are plenty of lists in the scripture. Just one day at a time.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I like the way the Amplified Bible puts this! "Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall shine (make day dawn) upon you and give you light." My day goes better to when I wake up early and start my day off prepared. It's amazing how much more I can accomplish just getting up 30 to 40 min. earlier. Another great post Ramona! Take care!

Ramona Gordy said...

Hi Alicia
Thank you for stopping by, I really value your comments. Hope you had a great Mothers day, It was beautiful here. Have a great day