Wednesday, November 10, 2010

72-HOUR RULE: BREAKFAST:THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY

 BREAKFAST IS MY FAVORITE MEAL OF THE DAY
 This is a feel good post about the importance of breakfast. Have you seen that commerical with the kid playing out in the snow, but you see a snowman. The little snowman comes inside and sits down to a steaming hot bowl of soup, yum yum. And gradually the snow melts and so does the heart of this cute little kid. I felt like that kid this morning. I am not a morning person, but because of my vocations in life, I have been forced to awake every day at 0 Dark-thirty . I woke up hungry this morning. Not just the growl in your tummy hungry, but more like the emptiness in your stomach that needs to be filled. I also felt spiritually hungry and you could probably add tired and cranky to the mix. By the time I got to my office this morning, I was a pitiful sight. I was feeling sorry for my self, woe is me,no one likes me at work, my boss is mean. You know how it goes. 
So my boss (the afore-mentioned "mean boss" suggested that we go and get some breakfast. I didn't expect much, but I really wanted some tater tots. I found some yummy, creamy breakfast potatoes instead. They were creamy with fresh parsley and chopped peppers and onions. I added some yummy scrambled eggs with cheese and 4 slices of bacon and just to help me tip the scales an old fashioned milk doughnut.
When I sat down to eat this, I thanked our Heavenly Father for this yumminess. Afterward I thanked my boss for such a great idea. She said that she actually felt more cheerful and bright after eating breakfast. Now I don't always feel this way after breakfast, but I did to day. I feel like this is what breakfast with Jesus would be like. How would you like to have your breakfast prepared by the Savior? 
            
Breakfast by the Sea

JOHN 21:4-13
4 But when the morning had now come, Jesus stood on the shore; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus.
5 Then Jesus said to them, “Children, have you any food?” They answered Him, “No.”
6 And He said to them, “Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some.” So they cast, and now they were not able to draw it in because of the multitude of fish.
7 Therefore that disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, “It is the Lord!” Now when Simon Peter heard that it was the Lord, he put on his outer garment (for he had removed it), and plunged into the sea.
8 But the other disciples came in the little boat (for they were not far from land, but about two hundred cubits), dragging the net with fish.
 9 Then, as soon as they had come to land, they saw a fire of coals there, and fish laid on it, and bread.
10 Jesus said to them, “Bring some of the fish which you have just caught.”
11 Simon Peter went up and dragged the net to land, full of large fish, one hundred and fifty-three; and although there were so many, the net was not broken.
12 Jesus said to them, “Come and eat breakfast.” Yet none of the disciples dared ask Him, “Who are You?”—knowing that it was the Lord.
13 Jesus then came and took the bread and gave it to them, and likewise the fish.
This is my testimony today, on this Happy Wednesday, that our Heavenly Father Loves us with a deep and everlasting love. If  the Saviour personally made breakfast for his disciples, how much more will he do for us? We are fed with spiritual food. I came away with a better understanding of how the Lord wants us to treat each other. How can we "love" our neighbor if we are feeling bitter towards them. Food is a great conversation starter.    

No comments: