Thursday, December 9, 2010

GOD ON THE BUS

What if God were One of Us?
Joan Osbourne
If God had a name, what would it be
And would you call it to his face
If you were faced with him in all his glory
What would you ask if you had just one question

And yeah yeah God is great yeah yeah God is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if God was one of us
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make his way home
I am trying a new thing, "Micro blogging". Which is probably old school "Tweeting". Just  a short post.
So the past 2 weeks I have been riding the bus and metro to work. You know when the goings get tough, I ride the bus. Anyway, my husband was tuning up his truck and something broke, and he needed about 25 new tools to fix it. Ask and ye shall receive. My husbands friends were so happy to help him, they were leaving "special" tools on his windshield.
So I was riding the bus home on Tuesday night. I finally figured out what bus to take, after taking the wrong bus the previous night. I am not particularly fond of riding the bus, in a word its creepy, and the most dangerous person on the bus in the Driver. Don't get me started. But on Tuesday night there was a man on the bus who was a little different. He was a large man, with a beard, and a sweet expression, no he wasn't Santa. But he had an inner energy that was very sweet. When people would get off the bus, he would say goodbye and tell them to be careful stepping off the bus.He was smiling at everyone. Not a creepy smile, but a benevolent smile.
I remembered a favorite song, " What if God were one of Us?" Would He ride the bus?    
Talk among yourselves

No comments: