Friday, June 17, 2011

EZEKIEL: FAMILY HISTORY WORK

EZEKIEL/Sistine chapel

Ezekiel 37:1-14
1 The hand of the LORD came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones.
2 Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed they were very dry.
3 And He said to me, “Son of man, can these bones live?”So I answered, “O Lord GOD, You know.”
4 Again He said to me, “Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, ‘O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD!  
5 Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.
6 I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the LORD.
7 So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone.
8 Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them.
9 Also He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.
10 So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army.
11 Then He said to me, “Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They indeed say, ‘Our bones are dry, our hope is lost, and we ourselves are cut off!’
 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13 Then you shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves.
14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken it and performed it,” says the LORD.’”
I asked a question once, "Who is responsible for the "family history" work of all those who died, thousands and even millions of years before? I was told that in effect "we are". Maybe not the total we of the Church of Jesus Christ of LDS,but because the church encourages each and every member to do their own genealogy, it has rubbed off in a big way. I love watching the National Geographic programs that feature archaeological work. I recently watched a program called

"THE WORLD'S OLDEST CHILD" on the National Geographic Channel

"Last year, while a Penn team of archaeologists was working in Morocco, members uncovered a treasure beyond anything they'd imagined - a skeleton of a child from 108,000 years ago.

They don't know what killed him at about age 8, but his remains are believed to be one of the most complete ever found of this period.
The skeleton promises to open a window into a pivotal time in human evolution when Neanderthals still ruled Europe, and Africans were inventing art and symbolic thought.
One of the earliest sites where people left evidence of artwork and symbolism is in Morocco, where a team led by Penn Museum's Harold Dibble found the child."
Wow, isn't that awesome? Do you think that the archaeologists realize the magnitude of the work that they are doing? I know that the purposes of these scientists are to establish "links" from this ancient specimen to modern man,but they are really establishing the "eternal round" as it were.They are recording the genealogy of those people, God's children, who did not have an opportunity in life to come to the gospel. Do you think that if these archaeologists knew that they were assisting in the Lord's work, would they do more? 

In the book of Moses in the Pearl of Great Price,God showed Moses the "world or the history of the world that was, and is". He saw "all" of the children of men, all that were created from Adam, to his present to our present.
Moses 1:7-8
7And now, behold, this one thing I show unto thee, Moses, my son, for thou art in the world, and now I show it unto thee.

8And it came to pass that Moses looked, and beheld the world upon which he was created; and Moses beheld the world and the ends thereof, and all the children of men which are, and which were created; of the same he greatly marveled and wondered
"The documentary focuses on a Moroccan skull more than one hundred thousand years old that is revealed to be that of a 6-year-old child. Dental examinations confirm that the child lived and died well before the founding of modern religion, the construction of Egypt's pyramids and even the advent of agriculture "Lone Wolf Documentary Group

National Geographic
 In Ezekiel 37:1-14; the Lord takes the prophet Ezekiel to a place called "the Valley of Dry Bones", which to me can be related to the archaeological site where the skull of this ancient child was found.
 I have wondered if in this vision, was the prophet Ezekiel shown the "technology" of this modern day when the bones were reassembled and brought back to life.
 One of the scientists working on the project, created a computer program using the C-AT Scan images of the ancient skull,that would digitally reassemble the broken bones and bits together anatomically and present a "face". It was awesome. The archeaologists were obviously deeply affected by the result.

National Geographic
Ezekiel 37:1-2;5-6;8-9
1 The hand of the LORD came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones.
2 Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed they were very dry


National Geographic
5 Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: “Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.

6 I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the LORD

8 Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them

 
 
  
 

Bouchra, meaning good news in Arabic.

9 Also He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.


This is so exciting. I really love it when I can "see" the scriptures come alive in a good way. There is so much that is negative,but the positive outweighs it. Look at that face, and now he has a name.
Malachi 4:5-6

5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet Before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD.
6 And he will turn The hearts of the fathers to the children, And the hearts of the children to their fathers, Lest I come and strike the earth with a curse

No comments: