Monday, March 19, 2012

It's Make a New Friend Monday

Happy Monday Everyone!!!
You know I seem to a have lightness of spirit lately, and I hope that I am not too much for anyone, especially since its Monday,and I am here at work today, because I am usually off on Mondays. (another post, another time).
So I am taking the the challenge to participate in and even do 170 acts of kindness, charity and service. I have calculated that this will take a year at 8.25 opportunities a month.Hopefully for me this will  become a habit, something that I will not think twice about, and do it. Maybe in history, I will be one of those "Mormon pioneers" that will be remembered for all the good, "she done". Now don't get me wrong, I am most sincere about this venture, and truth be told, it doesn't matter if any one remembers me, but I feel that if everyone can think of someone, even remember someone who needs a friend, then today is the day to go and introduce yourself.
I know, I know, there are many levels of friendship. I used to feel that I could not possibly commit to anymore than a Hi and bye. I think that I missed out on a good thing by not at least investing a small amount of time for just a chat. I realized that everyone is not going to be that "bosom buddy" from grade school, or college or whatever. But for each person we say hello to, we ask their name and tell them ours, we can plant a seed and determine what kind of friend we will be and in turn what kind of friend we will make. I am thankful for all of those who have taken the time to befriend me.
Good will hunting everyone, good will hunting.

2 comments:

Becca said...

"But for each person we say hello to, we ask their name and tell them ours, we can plant a seed and determine what kind of friend we will be and in turn what kind of friend we will make."

It's nice to remember that we don't have to be best friends with everyone, but there are many different ways to be friends.

Ramona Gordy said...

Thank you Becca for your friendship!!!