Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Doing the Difficult Thing
Brian K.
QUOTE OF THE DAY:

At times the wisdom of God appears as being foolish or just too difficult, but one of the greatest and most valuable lessons we can learn in mortality is that when God speaks and a man obeys, that man will always be right 
President Thomas S. Monson/Priesthood session: General Conference: April 2012

Mosiah 26:13-22
13 And now the spirit of Alma was again troubled; and he went and inquired of the Lord what he should do concerning this matter, for he feared that he should do wrong in the sight of God.
14 And it came to pass that after he had poured out his whole soul to God, the voice of the Lord came to him, saying: 
15 Blessed art thou, Alma, and blessed are they who were baptized in the waters of Mormon. Thou art blessed because of thy exceeding faith in the words alone of my servant Abinadi.
16 And blessed are they because of their exceeding faith in the words alone which thou hast spoken unto them.
17 And blessed art thou because thou hast established a church among this people; and they shall be established, and they shall be my people. 
18 Yea, blessed is this people who are willing to bear my name; for in my name shall they be called; and they are mine.
19 And because thou hast inquired of me concerning the transgressor, thou art blessed.
 20 Thou art my servant; and I covenant with thee that thou shalt have eternal life; and thou shalt serve me and go forth in my name, and shalt gather together my sheep.
 21 And he that will hear my voice shall be my sheep; and him shall ye receive into the church, and him will I also receive.
 22 For behold, this is my church; whosoever is baptized shall be baptized unto repentance. And whomsoever ye receive shall believe in my name; and him will I freely forgive.
So what can make your heart ache for the Father more than this? To know of a surety that He is mindful of us. In reading the account of Alma, we do at times make things harder than they should be. We talked about this in BOM study group tonight."What" my teacher asked, "are your feelings concerning prayer?" In other words, do you pray as much as you ought? I am always surprised that prayer is a commandment. You would think that prayer would be something to look forward to. I am just learning about the power of prayer, I think that I learned to pray more effectively after joining the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

James 5:1 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

No comments: