Monday, June 25, 2012

A BEACON


Cody F Miller
In the premortal realm, spirit sons and daughters knew and worshipped God as their Eternal Father and accepted His plan by which His children could obtain a physical body and gain earthly experience to progress toward perfection and ultimately realize their divine destiny as heirs of eternal life. The divine plan of happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave. Sacred ordinances and covenants available in holy temples make it possible for individuals to return to the presence of God and for families to be united eternally. The Family: A Proclamation to the World.
So this past weekend my husband and I marked the three year anniversary of our Sealing by paying it forward, in sealing our parents and ourselves to them. I have been preparing for this day for a long time, and looking back on all of the incidents and hurdles and disappointments and blessings, my husband and I were able to do this monumental task. 
June 20 2009
 In my heart I truly believe that some of our most precious friends are  those we met before we were born. I believe that we made promises to one another that no matter what we would help one another in our eternal progression. I know that we are each responsible for working out our own salvation, but I know too that we can be "angels" in one another's lives. I want to thank all of those wonderful friends for helping us and loving us all these years.

The defining moment of this day was the sense that what we were doing was real. It was more real than any other thing I have ever done in my life. I had a prayer in my heart to ask Heavenly Father to "show me" that He approved of what we were doing. The Sealer spoke to us of the reality of our family members in our lives at this moment in time. He said that they would be shouting "Hallelujah" at this point. I felt the presence of all of our family, literally packed into that tiny sealing room. Everyone that I had literally labored to find the correct spelling of their names, their birth dates and death dates and more. I know I have a lot more to do, and the "door" has opened wide for me. I came away with a new appreciation for the Temple and more than that, a proof that my calling and my election is sure.
2 Peter 1:10-11
10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
Pres Thomas S Monson









The Holy Temple: A Beacon to the World

No comments: