Monday, April 22, 2013

THE ROAD

So this past Sunday, I didn’t go to sacrament. What an agonizing decision, on the one hand, physically I wasn’t feeling too good, and mentally I felt pretty crabby. I thought that if I could just have some quiet time and a cup of hot chocolate I would be okay, not so much.
So I prayed in my heart for some clarity, “Is it okay Father that I play hooky from church today, I don’t love you any less, but my frail and imperfect self at times overcomes me.”

So a wonderful thought came to me: The road is becoming narrower, and my immediate response was:” Lord will it overtake me?”I have been pondering over this, what brought this on?
3 Nephi 14:13-14
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, which leads to destruction, and many there be who go in there at;
 14 Because strait is the agate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.
What is this road that we are on? It is this journey of salvation that for me, when I stepped out of the baptismal pool, when I walked down from the podium after “receiving the Holy Spirit”; I was given a map, a GPS as it were. What a sweet confirmation that at least, I have been traveling down the right road. The more challenging life becomes and the more overwhelmed by it we become, there is an iron rod to cling to, and in the narrowing of the road, I feel like we must concentrate more on just putting one foot in front of the other.
So, I watched Oprah, and her new OWN network. I thought about that word “own”.  I feel that because the Father and the Son love us so much, that if were possible to live a stress free life, than it would be so, but it’s not, so in the middle of the muddle he gives us a tender mercy. I imagine that in certain circumstances that a tender mercy is the best, gooiest of chocolate and marshmallow treats that melt in your heart.
courtesy of OWN NETWORK
So I thought about those tender mercies after watching this segment, and it occurred to me that I can share a tender mercy with some who needs it, and that could be a big list. I made a list, and the best I can do is to share some love with three people I know who could really use it. I won't tell you what I am going to do, because they may be reading this, but I will say that if you know someone or one's who need a tender mercy, go forth and do. Happy Monday!!

No comments: