Wednesday, July 10, 2013

SAY UNTO THIS TREE....BE THOU REMOVED


GOLLY BARD
Wow what a wacky week this has been and it's only started. So a funny thing happened on the way to work this past Monday. I was  early and mostly awake. There was light traffic; so light that my drive time was cut about 15 min. Just as I was nearing the road to the parking garage at work I noticed some policeman casually setting up barricades at the entrance of the road. "WAIT" I screamed, wait just let me go by, so he did , only to be stopped by a massive tree in the road.
It was an old tree and it fell straight across the road, blocking everything.Thankfully no one was hurt, the officers said that the tree had fallen only 15 minutes before I got there.

But now, I had to back track and find a "work around" to get back to my original destination. Now in a more perfect world, you could probably drive through a parallel neighborhood and find a cross over street. Not so much in Georgetown. Every road leads to a one way street or a different neighborhood altogether. Does any one have the "history" of the city planning of Georgetown? If you know shoot me an email. 

So I am not that familiar with short cutting in DC, so I had to do a long back track to Mass Ave. Yep, to Mass Ave and that is still in unfamiliar territory. So I said a prayer, and I remembered the promise of "angels being sent to bear thee up". So I prayed not to get lost, and I asked for help in finding my way down the road back to work, and in less than an hour too. I know you' are laughing at me, I can hear you. But I have no sense of direction and neither does my GPS system. I have been known to find myself hopelessly lost in a parking lot, but that is another story altogether.

 As I was driving cautiously down Mass Ave, I noticed that there are no legible street signs to tell you where you are. So I saw a man walking and I asked him if I was on the right road, and he said "Yeah sure".Further down, I am getting a little anxious and I saw a woman jogging and she had a friendly face, so I asked her if she could point me in the right direction, and she did. This is not a given in this neighborhood, most people ignore you and if you persist on making contact you may get the "number 1 sign or worse". 

So I have been pointed in the right way and wouldn't you know it there was a "circle". I hate circles, they are like some twisted "merry go round" in the road, and if you miss your exit you have to circle around until you figure it out. But I made it and started down a dark neighborhood and still not recognizing any landmarks. I felt like Nephi,being guided by the Spirit, not knowing where I would end up. I was tail gaiting a Metro bus at this point and I saw the 3rd angel. He was this guy waiting for a bus on the opposite side, and I asked him if I was going the right way. He actually walked over to me and gave me the last set of directions to get back to Georgetown. I made it to my office 30 mins after my assigned time.
I found this you-tube of the "tree" being chopped up. I thought about the verse concerning faith: 

Mark 11:22-24

King James Version (KJV)
22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.


No comments: