Wednesday, August 7, 2013

OPEN MIKE WEDNESDAY

OPEN MIKE 
Today is OPEN MIKE WEDNESDAY  and stepping up to the mike today is Paul the Apostle, citing from the book of Acts 17: 27-28
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him and find him, though he is not far away from every one of us
28 For in him we live and move and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said; For we are his offspring.

Have you read these verses lately? I know that I have, but it was only today, when I heard a song that seemed capture the tenderness of this verse. Sometimes when I read any of the Epistles, I tend to “hear” Paul’s voice as matter of fact and proficient and preachy; even this verse. But I believe that this verse comes straight from Paul’s  heart and personal experience. Remember, Paul persecuted the Jews, he was a very bad man. But God in his tender mercy, did not seek retribution toward him, but “chose” him to be his messenger to the Gentiles. He was knocked off his horse one day on the road to Damascus to destroy a fledgling church there. 
He was knocked off his horse and he saw a vision of the Savior, who rebuked him saying Saul, Saul why do you persecute my church ?" He was blinded by that glorious light and taken to a home where just like Alma the Younger, he was unable to see, or move or eat or drink without help,  because of his previous sins. He did literally crawl around, and feel around in order to orient himself. I imagine that in this state, the Lord was near him, and loving him and forgiving toward him.  So God sent Ananias, to come and minister to him and baptize him.

courtesy of "The Bible Miniseries"

Acts 17:28 For in Him; we live, and move, and have our very being; 

In John 15:4-5; the Savior reiterated this very statement:
4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5 " I AM the (true) vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 
I  have considered a whole new perspective on my attitude toward my daily life sometimes. Shall I become more humble and thankful for even the air that I breathe?  I think so.  
Mosiah 2:2121 I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move and do according to your own will and even supporting you from one moment to another, I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants. 
So next up to the mike is Jason Nelson singing "Nothing Without You" 
courtesy of VEVO

If you would like to step up to the "mike" with your comments, there are a couple of ways to do it. So after you read this blog there is a comment section right below it, just start writing, no strings attached, no cookies . Another way is through Google. If you are in my  Google circle you can comment that way. If you want to be in my Google circle, just sent me an email. Thank you

No comments: