Thursday, September 12, 2013

OPEN MIKE THURSDAY

So today is "Open Mike" Thursday and the word of the day is "Refuge".
I have been studying the Old Testament lately, and I am in 2nd Chronicles. What I am amazed at is the incredible love and mercy and patience the Lord, the God of Israel has demonstrated to his people. Even when as a "people", they rejected him, and forgot to teach their children about him, and raised up idols and false gods before him. He would always reach out to the "one" who would be faithful in keeping his precepts and commandments. His promise and reward was to be a shield and strong tower, a refuge and a hiding place, our exceeding great reward. Even to us, a remnant of Israel, this is still offered to us.
PSALM 91:1-3
1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust".
3 For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper, and from the deadly pestilence. 
So my next guest, stepping up to the "Mike" is Josh Groban. I love his voice and if I could even hum a tune, I would hum like him.
This is my new favorite song "You Raise Me Up". I love lyrics, they seem like a personal prayer: 

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.

I am a sucker for soaring ballads and gospel choirs

No comments: