Thursday, June 5, 2014

OPEN MIKE: THURSDAY

Written on my unofficial bucket list, is a desire to meet Maya Angelou. It's too late, I missed my opportunity to meet her. One of my favorite games is "SIX DEGREES OF SEPARATION from_______(fill in the blank).
Six degrees of separation is the theory that everyone and everything is six or fewer steps away, by way of introduction, from any other person in the world, so that a chain of "a friend of a friend" statements can be made to connect any two people in a maximum of six steps
She passed away last Wednesday and as I was reading her biography, it was noted that she came from a small town called Stamps, Arkansas. I recently found out that my grandmother Elizabeth was from that little town also. So two degrees of separation from Maya Angelou via my grandmother; and now they can meet each other in Heaven. ( I do believe in Heaven, and rainbows and sunbeams too)
What a great person she was and she lived a full life, even to the end at 86.





Dr Angelou talks about "Being a rainbow for others"

No comments: