Friday, December 5, 2014

5 THINGS FOR FRIDAY............the christmas edition

It's coming on Christmas ya'll

So today is 5 things for Friday the Christmas edition.  I love Christmas in a love /hate kind of way, but nontheless I love it and I look forward to it every year. One of my favorite holiday traditions is to find new holiday themed music. But let's face it, if you've bought one holiday themed CD, you have the same songs on every one. That is why I am so thankful for the ability to make my own playlist's YOUTUBE style. It was hard to choose, but these 5 unconventional offerings are the best of.


RIVER/joni mitchell cover
  
I love this as it is sung by Joni Mitchell, but this group does a really good job too. I read where Ms Mitchell said this song really had nothing to do with Christmas



HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS by Michael Buble


I love Holly Jolly Christmas, especially if it is sung by Beryl Ives. But Michael Buble makes it swing. My favorite memory of this song is when my brother and I would watch "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and the kindly old snowman narrator would sing this song. ( I know I am a Geek)



CHRISTMASTIME IS HERE...shawn colvin 

This song reminds me of "A Charlie Brown Christmas".



MARY DID YOU KNOW/pentatonix


I love this song, it is so beautiful and spiritual


JUST BECAUSE
LET IT GO/sndtrack to FROZEN  Jimmy Fallon/Idina Menzel and the Roots




WALTON'S CHRISTMAS ( Another favorite Christmas program. For a short time in my life as child, we lived this simple life. )



MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

No comments: