Friday, July 31, 2015

PEACE


I am having a Friday like its Monday. It’s weird how we place certain values on days, events, even our dog’s names. Now most of us at some point in our work a day world live for Friday, some people only animate at 0030 Friday morning and through the subsequent weekend. And then like a vampire, sink into deep despair, at the end, moving Zombie like through the week until its FRIDAY. Oh, I thought we were talking about me, but enough about me.

Seriously, it’s been a wild and wacky week. So much is info coming out of the news reports; and papers and around the water cooler. (We actually have one in my office, but no one hangs around it though) On Tuesday I awoke with my semi-annual Sinus issue that tends to take away my hearing, or taste in my mouth or at least fill my head with pressure like a balloon. I try to ignore these seemingly minor ailments and push through. But I had to take one for the team and call out sick. I hate doing that but it happens. But I took this as a “teaching moment”. I asked the Universe, what does this mean when have these small things, and they feel like big things?   The answer or question to me was: “What is your Priority”. Or rather, who is on First in your life? Why are you working so hard, so long and for what purpose? Another question/answer was “Who are you serving?” Is it your boss or is it me?

I was flummoxed to say the least, but I pondered the answers. I say with my lips and hopefully my full heart that I am serving my Heavenly Father, that all I am and who I will be is for Him. But do my actions prove it?  My boss is out of the office for a few months, and she left an entire agenda. The office was to function as if she was here, and every detail would be met, as if she was here. But she is a hard taskmaster, and somewhere during the third week, we (the staff and I) had a breakdown in communications. There is a paper backlog a month long, all of us at some point have been working way too much overtime (I don’t care what Donald Trump says about overtime). I realized that I have become like those sitcom’s where the husband is always working late and the wife is always eating dinner by herself. What is suffering is time with family, time with God, rest and health. (And don’t get me started about the overdue laundry). I lost a crown on a tooth during dinner, and I panicked because I knew I would have to take a sick day to get it fixed. (My Dentist takes Friday’s off to be with her family). And that’s when I had to shut it down. Who am I serving?     

It Is Well With My Soul Lyrics

When peace, like a river, attended my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

It is well, with my soul,
it is well, with my soul,
it is well, it is well, with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
and hath shed His own blood for my soul.

It is well, with my soul,
it is well, with my soul,
it is well, it is well, with my soul.

 I need a revival, peace like a river to help me get my heart and head straight on. It’s new music Friday Y’all. I found some good Old time gospel from a New School group, the “ Berklee Gospel & Roots Choir”. Go look them up, they are solid. Also a new to me home girl named Lauren Daigle. She is from my home state of La.,and a true child of God.  She has a beautiful voice and a tremendous testimony of the gospel in her life. I love her music. So have a good Friday and enjoy the concert


Berklee Gospel & Roots Choir - Full Concert - 07/28/13 - Newport, RI (OF..





No comments: