Thursday, December 31, 2015

DELIGHT YOUR SOUL IN FATNESS..........2016!!!!


 

My journal went missing in Oct. and it was right under my nose, but it didn’t say a thing to make me aware of its presence. I found it in my office, right under my nose and because I did not immediately grab it and put it in a place where I could find it, the grasp is tenuous at best. So much has happened during Oct-Dec that I want to share with my journal……  I will become a more organized journal keeper.

Satellite journal entry 12/30/15: today I could not get out of the house without “leaving something behind”. My cough drops were left in the car, which is parked in the Parking Garage at work. Yesterday, the phone was left in the car, even as I was blissfully enjoying a peaceful, non- jerky elevator ride up. (I am terribly phobic of elevators, and closed in spaces, etc) There was one other person in the elevator and she was so intent on her phone, that it reminded me that I needed to go back for my phone, Drat!! I was pushed back late 15 mins for work.

Today I managed to garner 15 early minutes that I hoped would coast me in at 30 min early to work. Instead I had to get gas for the car, at 711. ( I really hate 711 and their devious practice of running out of paper at the gas pump receipt counter and causing  us to go inside to ask for the receipt from the “Sales Associate” ) who is usually held hostage by someone buying a million scratch off tickets. There should be a line for “missing gas pump receipt's. We have all been there; I digress. Anyway, for whatever reason, I could not use my ATM card, and was instructed to see a “Sales Associate”, I decided to go to a different place. I forgot my lunch, “Drat”; I had to stop by the house and get that, but I  did not have time to haul in the water. (Another story another time)
For all of this, I still got to work at the same time. I thought about this verse in 
Genesis 3:17-18 and I was having this day:Cursed is the ground for your sake, in toil you shall eat of it, all the days of your life. 18 But thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, and you shall eat the herb of the field. In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread."
My goal for 2016 is to “Be present in my life”. I know that sounds like new age hokum, but we can lose track of ourselves, our real selves in the absolute tedious minutia of our daily lives. I have felt that this is not what our Heavenly Father had in mind. Jesus offered a great deal to us, he said that he came to offer us “life” and not only life but an “abundant life”, filled with possibilities of happiness and hope. I think I will grab that brass ring. I feel like the average believer in God and Christ is afraid to be happy, believing that for every euphoric moment, it must be paid for with the “absolute tedious minutia of our daily lives.”  Not so... the check has already been paid. Thistles and thorns were promised when Adam and Eve fled the garden, but the Savior wore a thorny crown upon his head and paid the note. We are indeed fallen but we don’t have to stumble all of the time.


A notable prophet named Jacob said, quoting Isaiah said in 
2 Nephi 9:50 “Come my brethren, everyone that thirsts, come ye to the waters; and he that has no money, come buy and eat; yea come buy wine and milk without money and without price. 51: Wherefore do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy. Hearken diligently unto me, and remember the words which I have spoken: and come unto the Holy One of Israel, and feast upon that which perish not, neither can it  be corrupted, and let your soul delight in fatness. 

These are words to live by indeed. So delight your soul in fatness.

So I am leaving you with some things that touched me this year; I love to hear people testify of their relationship with the Savior, it doesn't matter who you are, I think at least 8 out of 10 people at any given time  have been been touched by the Savior in a very personal way

The Overwhelming Spiritual Experience Lenny Kravitz Had as a Child  


New Music y'all
MATT MAUER Amen

No comments: