Friday, February 26, 2016

HIGHER LOVE


Happy Friday everyone, hope you are having a good day, me too. I wanted to share this with you,My husband is in the hospital and he is really sick, but he is progressing at a faster rate than usual.

I am at work and as usual my mind is ticking off a laundry list of "to do", and then my mind will go into a panic because I am really concerned about my husband’s mental well being as he is healing. I know that he is upset because of a respiratory tube in place to help him breathe.  As I was going through some worst case scenarios in my mind, one of which I hold the ICU hostage until they take out the tube; I thought I heard something "Stop looking at your circumstances". Wow, I thought "What should I look at then?" And I realized that even though the circumstances are what we see, I/we need to look at the spiritual. I try to encourage the nurses to talk to P, or make a joke, tell him something, or turn on the TV. When I go to see him, he maybe a little out of it, but his presence there is quite strong. We need to encourage him to hold on to his faith and continue to build it big. I know that this is a lesson in patience and quiet and stillness. If we bear it well...  

At this point I really feel like our lives are blowing apart, that God is after "the truth" in both of us. Everything we thought life was supposed to be, it is not. God is doing a "make-over". We will be stripped bare, our pockets picked and nothing left but the shirts on our back and the faith in our hearts. I am optimistic about this.

Today is sing-along Friday, I found this cute little commercial, must be too long for TV. lives only on YOUTUBE.
Higher Love by Steve Winwood is the song...




Think about it, there must be higher love
Down in the heart or hidden in the stars above
Without it, life is wasted time
Look inside your heart, I’ll look inside mine
Things look so bad everywhere
In  this whole world, what is fair
We walk blind and we try to see
Falling behind in what could be

Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love
Where’s that higher love I keep thinking of?

Worlds are turning and we’re just hanging on
Facing our fear and standing out there alone
A yearning and it’s real to me
There must be someone who’s feeling for me
Things look so bad everywhere
In this whole world, what is fair
We walk blind and we try to see
Falling behind in what could be

Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love

Where’s that higher love I keep thinking of?

No comments: