Thursday, April 14, 2016

Eulogy


PATRICK  W. GORDY
August 26 1957-March 23 2016

W. H. Auden


Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

Just thought I would mention that my husband and true eternal companion passed away 3 weeks ago. I am sharing this because we all "mourn with those who mourn". He had been progressively ill for the past 2 years from Heart Disease and all the "appendages" that come with it. But he was Valiant in his afflictions, and he tried to rally everyone around him to cheerfulness too. Although my heart is heavy, and tears are always close, the blessings, the gifts that he left me and all who loved him was one of Hope, and lightness of being and love and happiness. It was always hard to stay mad or sad around my husband because he radiated joy. I know that Heavenly Father loved him dearly, and I have the impression that in all of our wanting my husband to recover and get well and strong, the Father wanted it more than us , even in this life. I feel that in a crucial moment the Father laid out his future and asked him if he were strong enough to carry on, but even if he wasn't, it was ok. There would be rest.  He said Rest now my little one, my good and faithful servant. Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou has been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy Lord. Matt.25:21

Here is a couple that inspires hope in me:



When Sonia Vallabh was diagnosed five years ago with a rare, incurable disease the couple banded together to find a cure.....
"The miracle of my lifetime is that we met...and even if we find a cure ;that will always be the miracle." Sonia Vallabh 




Danny Boy: Mormon Tabernacle Choir

No comments: