Friday, May 22, 2009

TAKING CHARGE OF THE HOUSE....conquering clutterville

A Dream Deferred by Langston Hughes
"What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore-- And then run? Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over-- like a syrupy sweet? Maybe it just sags like a heavy load. Or does it explode?"
I think Langston was a man of the times, a deep thinker, truly in the present. I sometimes think that maybe our deferred dreams tend to sag. Sometimes we have to prop them up, but I don't think they ever disappear. I have a dream of one day soon having my house finally called a home. It is a daunting task. I think I can, I think I can.
This Memorial Day 3 fer, my LOH and I will attempt to come to a compromise and clean and de-clutter and eventually redo the basement. I don't know what happened to our home. Once it was organized,relatively clean and each room had a purpose that it filled. We had a living room with sofa's and chairs, we had a dining area with tables and chairs, a kitchen with a stove and a working fridge, our guest rooms actually entertained guests. We had an office and all of our documents were stored there. Something happened, and it left such a mess in its wake. What happens to a dream deferred. If we wait long enough, it will come back around.

No comments: