Friday, March 12, 2010

72 HOUR ROUND UP-ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY; PREPARDNESS REVISITED

I thought maybe my blog had gone off track. I had orginally started this blog to help me "Prepare". The thing is when I started I really didn't know what I was preparing for. Was it some future catastrophe? Wars, earthquakes in divers places,more war. I thought about it, in my life (short though it is), I have lived through 1 earthquake aftershock,quite a few hurricaines, even went to war. So I asked myself, what else is there? Wouldn't you know it, just in the last 2 months there have been at least 3 devestating earthquakes and tsunami's. In my hometown along the Eastern Seaboard we barely survived the "Snowmagedden". A foolish man would say "Bring it On". In my own humbleness, I say Thank God we survived. I can think of so many catastrophes that have happened in the last 10 years that were close and not so close. I think that my husband and I made it through, not because we were prepared,but maybe because God loves us.
So in this year I have learned a lot about spiritual prepardness. Prepardness of my heart and soul and mind. The scriptures encourage us to "love the Lord, your God with all of your heart, and your whole mind and soul". We should trust in Him in all that we do, and lean not unto our own understanding. So despite myself and my bad habits, I have learned to love the Lord, and also to trust him and endeavor to understand his plans for me. 
It has been approximately one year since starting the "Joys of Prepardness". What have I learned along the way? Well I took a look at my past posts and I pulled some of my "greatest hits" quotes. I have been wondering if writing this blog has helped me at all. I think it has. I can truely say that I have learned a lot in this last year. I have learned a lot about myself and more about God, more than is possible to appreciate,by me.
Here is a top 10 list so to speak of what I have learned and worked on and am still working on
  1.  Norway doomsday seed vault hits 1/2 million mark

    By IAN MacDOUGALL, Associated Press Writer Ian Macdougall, Associated Press Writer – Wed Mar 10, 7:01 pm ET

    OSLO, Norway – Two years after receiving its first deposits, a "doomsday" seed vault on an Arctic island has amassed half a million seed samples, making it the world's most diverse repository of crop seeds, the vault's operators announced Thursday. (Look even the world practices prepardness.) I was really impressed with this seed vault, I had heard rumors of it but never saw it. It looks like a window from an ark jutting out of the snow. After I read this, I knew I had to kick it up a notch
  2. How could there be any question of acquiring or possessing, when the one thing needful for a man is to become -- to be at last, and to die in the fullness of his being. —Antoine de Saint-Exupéry 
  3. I have felt a growth spurt: A Quote from Meridian Magazine:  Shifting Our Thinking: Reclaiming Ourself ..By M. Catherine ThomasWe grow in our ability to experience the spiritual realities in and around us. At lower levels of development higher spiritual experience is not possible. The objective of this mortal-probation journey is to lead us to higher levels of spiritual development and awareness in the great unfolding of our being. So we see that a check-list approach to the Gospel will not prepare us spiritually for the heights we are destined to attain nor prepare us to enter that order of beings which Christ Himself represents. It is motivating to know that each level of spiritual growth takes us into new dimensions in which our perception of things-as-they-really-are is less filtered; that is, we more clearly perceive “the mysteries and peaceable things – that which bringeth joy” (D&C 42:61).
  4. I have a dream of one day soon having my house finally called a home. It is a daunting task. I think I can, I think I can.(Proverbs 24 3Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established: 4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches)
  5. "When your mind is as cluttered as your physical surroundings are, forgetfulness is common.Maybe forgetfulness is not a good choice of words. What it is then is the lack of awareness,the overwhelmed-ness of it all. My own lack of awareness comes from the fact that it has not occurred to me that what I am doing is an ongoing permanent task. One that requires a commitment from me" Romans 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
  6.  I was looking for bread in a can.... ( I finally found some bread in a can. B&M has dark brown bread in a can, and I think that it is seasonal. Someone questioned why would I need bread in a can, and I answered, why do we can all the other stuff? This has great portability because it is in a can the size of a large can of baked beans (which is what you eat this bread with) 
  7. "I digress, but it is my goal and mission to make sense of my life. My 50th birthday is coming soon and I just want a heads up" (See point 3)
  8. "I am new to this prepardness thing. I used to be a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of person. Not because I wanted to be this way, but it seems to be the way of the world." (See point 1) I have found that when "preparing for every needful thing", those things have a way of appearing.
  9. "Earth's crammed with heaven, and every common bush affire with God. And only he who sees, takes off his shoes, the rest sit round and pluck blackberries" elizabeth barret browning
What does this mean, this is my favorite quote from a fav poet.I take this to heart, and know that I can do nothing of my self, but only by Gods grace. So I have stopped at # 9 because I am still working on #10           

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Wow those are some great posts Ramona! I really really like that quote by Elizabeth Barret Browning!! I've never heard that before, it is SO true. The earth is crammed with the testimony of Divinity. I know God lives and hears and answers our prayers, He loves us so much, His love is all around us if we just open our eyes!

Take care Ramona.