Friday, March 5, 2010

FAITH, FAMILY AND FRIENDS

My Husband is such a good friend, I wanted to put a few pictures of him with his friends. I wonder sometimes if they really appreciate how much he loves and cares for them. He choose activities that will include everyone; even me. These are pictures a some of the various cowboy action shooting events he likes to participate in. 
CATFISH PAT & MOUNT AIRY UNDERTAKER

CATFISH & SKINNY
PROVERBS 17: 17 A friend loves at all times, and is born, as is a brother, for adversity

PROV 27: 9 Oil and perfume rejoice the heart; so does the sweetness of a friend's counsel that comes from the heart.
10Your own friend and your father's friend forsake them not; neither go to your brother's house in the day of your calamity. Better is a neighbor who is near [in spirit] than a brother who is far off [in heart].

 
My husband is in the process of helping out an old friend.It is a stressful process and also some sadness. Yesterday we were discussing how to work with this friend, who seems to have forgotten all the love and kindness shown to him not only by my husband but by many others.My husband mentioned to me that he was going to loan our friend some money to help him over his adversity. For a long while I was upset with this. I reasoned that this friend doesn't deserve your love or your help. Why; he is like a dog who bites your hand when you feed him. I am really angry at him so why do you bother? My husband was really patient with me and explained that this is the time when we really need to stick with him, even if he is being self destructive.  

 Alma 34:27 Yea, and when you do not cry unto the Lord, let your ahearts be full, drawn out in prayer unto him continually for your welfare, and also for the welfare of those who are around you.

28 And now behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you, do not suppose that this is all; for after ye have done all these things, if ye turn away the needy, and the naked, and visit not the sick and afflicted, and impart of your substance, if ye have, to those who stand in need—I say unto you, if ye do not any of these things, behold, your prayer is vain, and availeth you nothing, and ye are as hypocrites who do deny the faith.
29 Therefore, if ye do not remember to be charitable, ye are as dross, which the refiners do cast out, (it being of no worth) and is trodden under foot of men

So my husband is a very good friend, and I have a lot to learn from him about being a friend.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

cool cowboy outfits! He looks like a real sharp-shooter :)
Best wishes with the friend he is helping. I hope he doesn't take you guys for a ride.

Jenny Kay said...

He has such a big heart. You both do. You are a wonderful couple!