Thursday, September 30, 2010

I WON!!!!!

Hey, I won. Wow I don't think that I have won any thing lately. Big shout out to "Heather lady" at "Women in the Scriptures Blog."
"And the third prize winner of the $15 dollar gift certificate to Our Happy Home"

Gift from "Our Happy Home"etsy shop 
  
"Is RGG of "The 72 Hour Rule"Congrats to these lucky winners and thanks to the wonderful artists who were generous enough to share their work!"
Heather is celebrating her 2nd year anniversary of starting her blog "Women in the Scriptures". She invited everyone to post there favorite woman or women in the scriptures. Her blog really celebrates women in the scriptures, and she endeavors to bring their stories to light. I have learned so much from her postings.

My favorite woman was the woman with the issue of blood for twelve years. She was simply called "Daughter" by Jesus Christ. My comment:
"One of my favorite women in the scriptures, has no name, but is referred to as "Daughter" by Jesus. She is the woman with the issue of blood for twelve years. I love her anonymity, that she wanted not to be seen but to be healed by her faith. So she only allowed herself just to touch the hem of Jesus' garment. She didn't need to speak or even assert herself. I love her, I have been her at times in my life and I have benefited from the healing power of Jesus Christ. To be called daughter is a privilege beyond all."
Matthew 9:20-22
20 And suddenly, a woman who had a flow of blood for twelve years came from behind and touched the hem of His garment.
21 For she said to herself, “If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.”
22 But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, “Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well.” And the woman was made well from that hour.
It's interesting to note that about 2 Sundays ago, one of the sisters in Relief Society shared her testimony of this scripture and the healing power of Jesus Christ. It was a beautiful moment; this sister has been suffering from different gastro intestinal problems. She is married to an airline pilot and has 2 small children. She also works to help support her husband. She testified that there were times when she could barely muster up the strength to push her kid's strollers or pick them up, but she felt that our Heavenly Father was strengthening her to take each step. She recently received a diagnosis of a "clean bill of health" from her doctors. Her testimony was that she had faith like "Daughter", that if she could just endure one more day, and have faith in that day to be healed it would be alright. Daughter has a name.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Congratulations Ramona!! That's awesome. You are very good at writing so I'm not surprised you won! :)