Thursday, September 22, 2011


"Wisdom" Cody Miller
 CHANGES
Alma 5: 14 And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?
I believe that the “mighty change of heart” comes by wisdom. The conversion process is that gradual turning away from old habits, from old ideas, from old ways of speaking and communicating. That turning process is a 360 degree turn. And as you are turning, the process is like a rotation, even a rotational turn of the earth, from darkness to light. As you are rotating around the “Son”, who is that perfect light, old things are made new.
1 Corinthians 5:7 Therefore purge out the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, since you truly are unleavened. For indeed Christ, our Passover was sacrificed for us.
What is that new old thing that helps us in our conversion? It is wisdom. Wisdom is that thing that we must “seek” early while it may be found. It can only be found in the light of the “Son”. What is that new “new” thing? It is the new and everlasting covenant of Christ.
Hebrews 8: 13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth bold is ready to vanish away.
This is a simple post. I was inspired to update my blogger profile. When I started this blog, “The 72hour Rule”, I wasn’t sure if I would continue with it after my first posts. I wasn’t too sure about my levels of concentration during that time and I honestly felt that I could not commit to the upkeep. So I put in the most minimal of info, and the most frivolous. When I decided to add a picture, I put one of my favorite pictures of me. But, as I was reading my profile, I realized that what was written before does not represent who I am now. And for a moment I was amazed at the subtle changes I had made in my likes and dislikes. The change in what movies I liked to watch, music I listened too, books that I am now reading; even activities I participated in. I looked at the picture I had chosen and I felt that it did not represent “me” as I am now, so I found a favorite picture of me and my husband. It was taken on the day we were sealed. It is the most lovey picture of us together and even though my husband does not post on this blog, he is represented in many ways. The “image” of me has changed. I realize that my life is not just about me, or even my husband, but now everything is about Christ and his plans for us.

So I am a convert, and I have in the past experienced some interesting and mildly negative connotations with that word, that state of being. For the longest time, I could not form that word in my mouth, because I felt that it meant “other”. But lately the Lord has put a new language in my mouth, a new song. Lately I have felt that I belong in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have felt a connection and even kinship with the founding pioneers of this church. Their stories inspire me to continue to write my blog, build my testimony of Jesus Christ, regardless.

Psalm 40:2-3
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the LORD

No comments: