Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday Devotional

GOD ON THE BUS
Have you had this happen; A flat tire on a Monday, had to take the Metro, which you made it to the stop in 5 minutes flat. Missed the train,and after huffing up the escalator, missed the shuttle, only to find out that the shuttle bus was broken down too.
Last year I wrote a post about a song called "God on the Bus". Its a cool little song, and the singer wondered if God "was one of us", just a stranger on the bus, trying to make his way home, Would we speak to Him.
So as I was struggling to hold my purse and lunch in the bus line, a young lady asked if she could look at my book of Mormon Student manual. I said are you sure you want to look at this book, she said sure, I love to look at pictures of Jesus. This statement led to a really interesting and deeply spiritual conversation. She asked the question: "Can you see God?" I replied that "Although you cannot "see" God in the present, when we love our Heavenly Father and his Son Jesus Christ, and we follow him. He wants us to love him with everything we have, heart, might and mind and then he wants us to also share that love with our fellow man. I said its easy to love someone we know, but the challenge is to love and care for those we don't know. When you help someone, speak kind words, give a pan handler a couple of bucks, notice their response  and notice their smiles of gratitude, then you see God.
God does ride the bus.   

No comments: