Wednesday, March 21, 2012

TELL YOUR SISTER THAT YOU LOVE HER

Today is a good day to tell your "sister" that you love them. Now how you do that is up to you. Oops, you don't have any sisters, only brothers. Then look around you. I work in an office with 7 other women and each one has her own special set of life stories, trials and set-backs. It is not always a harmonious union in our "small" office and sometimes we are in disagreement with one or the other. But I have found that if I do not take sides, but stand in the middle, and offer words of encouragement to each individual person, than she can find a way to reconcile with the other ladies.
Last evening I met with my newly assigned Visiting Teacher. We have known each other for at least 2 years but we have never had the opportunity to "get to know " one another. I believe that one of the blessings of Visiting Teaching is to help sisters overcome "shyness", and to become more loving toward one another.
In the Visiting Teaching Lesson for March, there is a challenge question: 
"How can I help my sisters reach their potential as daughters of God?" 
Is this a question only for our sisters in church, or is this a challenge for all of Heavenly Fathers daughters? So there is a lady in our office who recently gave birth to twin boys.By her past behavior toward her office mates, it seems that she does not engender much sympathy. She frequently has to call out sick to take care of her twins, born premature. She comes in to work exhausted, and many complaints are directed at her for her work performance. So I pray for her and ask Heavenly Father to show me what would bless her in her life, and what would bless her is someone saying "I love you " to her. What ever way that works for you, just do it. As you minister to your sister, you minister to your self.

Here is a special treat for you from Mormon.org, Mormon stories. When I grow up, I want to be like this young sister.         

courtesy of Mormon.org
God Will Lift Us Up

Rather than focus on her medical condition, Brittany has found comfort in serving others and trusting in the Lord.

No comments: