Thursday, March 29, 2012

What would you do with 500 million dollars? Or for that matter what would you do with your next pay check? My husband is a chronic lottery ticket buyer (think what you will, in our weakness's, the Lord will strengthen). He asked me what would I do if we won the lottery, and that question caught me off guard. Normally I would have a laundry list of stuff to pay off, to buy, travel, etc. I told him that I would not want to win that much money. I would only want the amount that it would take to pay off our debt and provide for us in a responsible way and then, I would be compelled to give it away. The Lord states that to whom much is given, much is required.
So week 2 of 170 ways to serve. How is it going for you? I shared my lunch with a co-worker yesterday, but within the gesture was the Lord teaching me a valueable lesson of forgiveness and humility. At some point in our daily walk, we catch a glimpse of the underlying motives of the natural man. For the most part it is a selfish motive, but the good part is when we choose to not only look at that motive but to forgive it and then "love one another".
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world
In my Book of Mormon study group, we are in the record of Jacob. These words of Jacob prove that the word of God pierces through the heart of a man. Jacob is a good shepherd;
Jacob 2:17 Think of your brethren like unto yourselves and be familiar with all and free with your substance, that they may be rich like unto you.
18: But before ye seek for riches, seek ye for the kingdom og God.
19: And after ye have obtained a hope in Christ ye shall obtain riches, if ye seek them for the intent to do good; to clothe the naked, and to feed the hungry, and to liberate the captive,and administer relief to the sick and afflicted.
So, this weekend is General Conference.  After the Saturday sesseion my VT companion and I are taking two of our sisters on a VT Roadtrip. The church book store "This is The Place" is having an event for ladies only. There will be book discounts, prizes, food and a great opportunity to make a new friend. So what are you doing?



.

No comments: