Monday, July 16, 2012

SERENDIPITY

Serendipity ( means  a "happy accident" or "pleasant surprise"; specifically, the accident of finding something good or useful without looking for it.)
Luke 10:37-4238 Now it happened as they went that He entered a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha welcomed Him into her house.
39 And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus’ feet and heard His word.
 42 But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her.”
What happens when we choose that good part? Will we know right away? Will the process evolve in our daily life of prayer and scripture reading, doing good, loving one another, ETC? I had a lovely conversation with a friend of mine.We were talking about all of the seemingly coincidental events that have taken place in our lives and also in the lives of of people who are close to us. We came to the conclusion that these events, these happenings and the thread that binds us have to do with God working very closely in our lives. She related to me that she had recently received a priesthood blessing, and one part of the blessing stood out to her and it was that "Heavenly Father is micro-managing " areas of your life." I thought what a modern blessing, and I wondered why that would be something our Heavenly Father would do in our lives. I have always thought that the very word "micro manage" was a trivial word, one that relates to endless business and futile organizing, scheduling and etc. But I thought about it and I realize that there is more, and that this" micro managing" is God abiding in us and we in Him. We have asked for this very thing, it is a desire of our hearts and he has obliged us with his Presence in our lives


I thought about Mary and Martha: In Revelation 3:20 Behold I stand at the door and knock: If any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him and sup with him and he with me.
Doctrine & Covenants 88:63 Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you: seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

Psalm 27:4
4 One thing I have desired of the LORD,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the LORD
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the LORD,
And to inquire in His temple.
Psalm 27:7-9 
7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, LORD, I will seek.”

No comments: