Tuesday, July 17, 2012

BLESSED BE


 So, I have had a series of "bad days". hard days and just plain "I don't want to get up and face my job days". I wondered to myself, "Is this any way to live? Just to exist from moment to moment, only coming alive on the "weekends". I posed this "soul's complaint" in prayer. I wondered why; if I worked hard to change my behavior, change my demeanor towards the ugliness and meanness and unfairness, couldn't everyone else, at least try? Oh well, not having a martyr complex, but even Wonder Woman had days like these. So the answer was that I needed to repent, and I needed to forgive those who spitefully used me, and bothered me and otherwise annoyed me. Now I know that  the Lord could say, "Just get over yourself" but I believe that there is so much for me to learn, when he commands "Love one another, as I have loved you".  
                                                                Click here
We all need a cheer leader:
If you have been following the progression of  the "Life of Christ" Bible Videos. The latest video concerns the "Sermon on the Mount: the Beatitudes" Matthew 5:1-15. Have you read these all of your life? Have you heard talks or sermons or lessons on them? I have and I never saw them as more than "feel good" homilies. So I missed the blessing. I was impressed to read that chapter and read those verses. In the context of my prayer, these stood out to me
Mark 5:3;5-9
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit; for theirs is the kingdom of heaven5 Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God
9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. 
If I can humble myself and stay humble, then the Savior can succor me through these verses. If I can give away my sins at the sacrament altar and daily remember why I am here. 
These are affirmations and confirmation that the journey we are on, is not without difficulties and difficult people and disappointments. The confirmation is that we can overcome the world just as he has and we are equipped and blessed because of it.


The Lord is good and his mercy endures forever.


I found a website: 30 things to effect a positive change in your life. I like this one:
Start noticing the beauty of small moments. – Instead of waiting for the big things to happen – marriage, kids, big promotion, winning the lottery – find happiness in the small things that happen every day.  Little things like having a quiet cup of hot chocolate  in the early morning, or the delicious taste and smell of a homemade meal, or the pleasure of sharing something you enjoy with someone else, or holding hands with your partner.  Noticing these small pleasures on a daily basis makes a big difference in the quality of your life. (from 30 things to start doing for yourself)
Samuel 22:32: For who is God, except the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?  

No comments: