Friday, August 10, 2012

QUOTE-ABLE FAITH

FIVE THINGS FOR FRIDAY

What has inspired you lately? What new thing have you learned or would like to learn? Lately I have been inspired to take a step back from the "routine" of life and embrace the new. I suppose that if I were a "Smart Phone" or an I-pad or whatever, I could download an app. But wait a minute, hold the phone... 
There has been an App downloaded as it were into my spirit and hopefully your spirit too, what is that? Its an App for Jesus!!! The Holy Spirit

5.MARS LANDING  (Has it occurred to anyone, that we may be the "UFO"?) Why are we there, on Mars? One of the NASA scientists quoted that they wanted to find out "If we really were alone in the universe" Moses asked this very question:
MOSES:1:29-30;33
29 And he beheld many lands; and each land was called "EARTH", and there were inhabitants on the face thereof
30 And it came to pass that Moses called upon God, saying; "Tell me, I pray thee, why are these things so?, and by what thou madest them?
33 And worlds without number have I created; and I also created them for mine own purpose; and by the Son I created them, which is mine Only Begotten. (Pearl of Great Price)       

The Men of Earth came to Mars. They came because they were afraid or unafraid, because they were happy or unhappy, because they felt like Pilgrims or did not feel like Pilgrims. There was a reason for each man. They were leaving bad wives or bad towns; they were coming to find something or leave something or get something, to dig up something or bury something or leave something alone. They were coming with small dreams or large dreams or none at all...it was not unusual that the first men were few. The numbers grew steadily in proportion to the census of Earth Men already on Mars. There was comfort in numbers. But the first Lonely Ones had to stand by themselves...” 
Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
4) Poetry

The Soul should always stand ajar by Emily Dickinson

The Soul should always stand ajar
That if the Heaven inquire
He will not be obliged to wait
Or shy of troubling Her

Depart, before the Host have slid
The Bolt unto the Door—
To search for the accomplished Guest,
Her Visitor, no more—


3) MUSIC: The Piano Guys cover of a Coldplay song with Alex Boye' called Paradise.
This is a really beautiful, melodic piece.The "Piano Guys" are really two men; one playing piano and the other playing the cello.  


Amazon.com
2) GOOD READ: In honor of the 2nd landing on the "earth" called Mars, I am re-reading the "Martian Chronicles" by Ray Bradbury. The first printing was in 1946; and the book starts in the year 2030, we are almost half way there. I read this a long time ago, when I was such a "science fiction" nerd. I really love that genre, because at the time it was labeled fiction, but who could imagine that one day (the collective) we would actually land on Mars, via Rover the dune buggy. 
So,there is a decided theme for my "Five things for Friday"  What is it, other worldly, how awesome is our God? I think that a great theme song for today's blog is "What a Wonderful World" sung by Louis Armstrong. And finally the number one inspiration:
1) SCRIPTURE:
Psalm 8:1;3-4
1 O Lord, our Lord how excellent is thy name in all the earth! Who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou has ordained.
4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? And the son of man, that thou visit him?  

2 comments:

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

What a funny thought thAt we might be an ufo to mars. You know i heard someone say once that if we did find life on other planets it would be the death toll of religion, because it would disprove their beliefs. But not for later day saints. We dont doubt that there is other life out there, we already know! We really are quite a " science fiction" church when you stop to think about it.

Ramona Gordy said...

Thanks Heather
I am really blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My brother, who is an Evangelical minister (I won't hold it against him LOL!)asked my why I chose mormonism vs christianity. I told him that it wasn't mormonism I chose, but that in being chosen by the Savior, the church leads us to the Savior, then where else would I go.