Friday, June 5, 2015

FRIDAY: GOING VIRAL

adam & eve....Golly Bard
A Few Things for Friday 
A photo of a young Marine praying with his bride-to-be quickly went viral after it was posted on Facebook by the wedding photographer.
I am always surprised at what goes “viral’ on social medial these days. I doesn’t take much really, most of the time it is of something “cute” like puppies or babies and the other spectrum tends to show the worst of human behavior.
I saw this picture out of the “corner of my eye” last week. The caption at the time was “Look what his Marine did.” So I ignored it, and it came back again and further elaborated on what “that Marine did”. Was it the prayer or the marriage that "went viral"?
U.S. Marine Cpl. Caleb Earwood wanted to pray with his bride Maggie before their ceremony in Asheville, North Carolina, on Saturday. So with the help of their family and wedding photographer Dwayne Schmidt, Caleb was guided to the cabin where Maggie was getting ready for the service, where the couple joined hands around a corner so as not to break tradition and see each other before the altar.

I was filled with the Spirit of the occasion that prompted this new husband to pray with his bride. What a great way to prepare both of their hearts to walk out on their journey together and it’s going to be one that will challenge them, and shape them and rock them to the core. But what a great symbol of unity it is to pray together. The Savior promises that “where two are gathered in my name; there will I be also”.  In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints a man and woman have the opportunity to marry in the Temple for our time that is reckoned here on earth and to be sealed/joined together in a covenant relationship in eternity as a family with God and his Son Jesus Christ. When bride and groom meet at the alter, they have walked there together, there is no more veil, no surprises, only the fullness of that moment that will lead them on their journey together. I believe that true marriage, between a man and woman is gonna go viral real soon. 

Sing a long Friday
So I want to end this week by sharing my testimony in a song, thankfully not sung by me. At times I will post "Open Mike" and share some really great new to me music. Here is a song I love by a
Christian music artist named Yolanda Adams, and it is appropriately called "Yeah".
Here are the words and I think they tie in with going "Viral"




 "Can I be committed?", is the question in my head
All the issues in my life keep holdin' me back
Can I live up to the standard? Seems so hard to do
But then You tell me, "Take my hand", You'll help me make it through

You ask me, "Child, do you love me?"
And I say, "Yeah yeah yeah"
"But will you just give up everything?
Follow me", "Yeah yeah yeah"

We talk periodically, what should be everyday
Can imagine how it would be if I let You lead the way
No broken hearts, less scars, less roads that never have an end
So I'll throw away my pride let down my guard, Lord hear I am

You ask me, "Child, do you love me?
And I say, "Yeah yeah yeah"
(And then you say)
"But will you just give up everything?
Follow me", "Yeah yeah yeah"

When I just stop and think of all that you've done for me
How can I say anything but yeah yeah yeah?
(Yeah yeah yeah)


No comments: