Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Pondering: Make Ready


Wow, the year is almost over, and our lessons in the New Testament draw to a close. I have loved learning and teaching this record this year. It has been humbling to realize how little I really know about our Wonderful Savior Jesus Christ. When we started this course, Christmas was past and again we were teaching about Jesus. I thought to myself, I am really going to have to get people excited about Jesus again, and all of his works and parables. One scripture really "set it off" for me and still does:

Luke 1:16-17 Amplified Bible 16 And he will turn back and cause to return many of the sons of Israel to the Lord their God,17 And he will [himself] go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn back the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient and incredulous and unpersuadable to the wisdom of the upright [which is [a]the knowledge and holy love of the will of God]—in order to make ready for the Lord a people [perfectly] prepared [in spirit, [b]adjusted and disposed and placed in the right moral state].  
I love the Amplified Bible version that breaks down the meaning. I love studying the New Testament and my Faith in my Savior has been bolstered, I don't think I can go back to just being a passive reader, a non-doer. 

NEW MUSIC Y'ALL

Casting Crowns - Until The Whole World Hears

No comments: