Friday, November 13, 2015

Pondering: Moses 7:63: Veterans Day of Remembrance


Moses 7:63 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Then shall thou and all thy city meet them there, and we will receive them into our bosom, and they shall see us; and we will fall upon their necks, and they shall fall upon our necks, and we will kiss each other

Happy Veteran's Day to all my fellow Vet's.
I have never looked at this day as a "holiday", but more of a day of remembrance, so I am really glad that it is on the day that it falls, no special shopping days, no half off sales and definitely no Black Friday.

It is a  day to remember the  service of our fellow brothers and sisters, some fallen, most still here. 
When I tell people that I served in the Navy, many say "Thank you for your Service".This used to confuse me, because I never thought what I did deserved any recognition. Some would ask why did I join, and I wished I could say that I was "Born to Serve", but in reality I joined like most people; needing a job,or job training; money for school, more regular pursuits. But looking back, I have realized that love of country came later, in maturity, and after experiencing the intensity of military life and comparing it to the civilian life I came back to . The intensity of our mission, regardless of where we served, in the field or on base. Whatever our job was, it was stressed to us, to take pride in the execution of it. To do it right the first time. The intensity of our friendships for our buddies, our friends in arms, those relationships never end. 
Some compare service in the Military as a great sacrifice, and I never thought of it that way and I daresay that if you asked other vets, they might view it that way too. 
I can say truthfully that it was a privilege to serve, and to live in this beautiful country of ours seems like a given,but it is not. 
I have always thought, that given the opportunity, I would serve again in some capacity.

New Music y'all
Celebrate your favorite Veteran home. 



LeAnn Rimes with Gavin DeGraw - Celebrate Me Home (Official Video)

No comments: