Tuesday, July 31, 2012

THAT GOOD PART


Good things………….or rather “That good part”
Do you remember when Martha Stewart (before her conviction) would end her weekly show with a segment called “Good Things”? She would make a mundane project like "choosing the perfect clothes pin to hang your laundry with" into a spectacular event.(Complete wit a laundry room makeover) All of us wannabee Martha’s would hang on every word, and do our best to imitate. She was such a home maker, she was aptly named:
Luke 10:40-42
40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? Bid her therefore that she help me.
41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha; thou art careful and troubled about many things:
42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
So I want to share some good things with you, and invite you to partake:
GOOD READ
I have finished this book: Let It Go” A True Story of Tragedy and Forgiveness” by Chris Williams.
I am a slow reader, but the "spirit" of this book compelled me to read it mostly in one day. The text of the book comes from this "Mormon Message" video, maybe you have seen it. I learned a LOT and I was healed of many things. For years I have been attempting to read the book of Job. A wonderful friend and I once tried to study chapter by chapter, trying to make sense of the symbolism and the awful underlying family tragedy that was very real. I believe that this man, Chris Williams came as close to Job as anyone I have ever heard of. 
GOOD MUSIC
I featured this You Tube video of Alex Boye's new song "Calling America" on my sister blog, "The Journal of Lost Things". I love this song. Alex originally wrote the words to express his sadness and horror he felt at the events of "9-11". There is a message and spirit in this song,and if you listen closely you can hear an important line of scripture noted in the book of Mormon.
 Alma 46:11
11 And now it came to pass that when Moroni, who was the chief commander of the armies of the Nephites, had heard of these dissensions, he was angry with Amalickiah.
12 And it came to pass that he rent his coat; and he took a piece thereof, and wrote upon it—In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children—and he fastened it upon the end of a pole.
13 And he fastened on his head-plate, and his breastplate, and his shields, and girded on his armor about his loins; and he took the pole, which had on the end thereof his rent coat, (and he called it the title of liberty) and he bowed himself to the earth, and he prayed mightily unto his God for the blessings of liberty to rest upon his brethren, so long as there should a band of Christians remain to possess the land— BOOK OF MORMON
Now maybe you don't exactly hear those exact words, but listen with your heart. I have previewed this for my co- workers and if music can truely calm the savage beast, then this did. Can you feel the spirit of Captain Moroni? His stand is our stand in this day and time; our God,our freedom to worship;our peace and our families.


GOOD THING'S
Give Away!!!
So I would like to share this wonderful book and Cd. I have one copy each to give away. So if you would like this, share a comment on your feelings about them or send me an email  and I will send it out to you.

No comments: